About Me

Hi Folks, I've been playing Warhammer Fantasy from early days, although have just gotten back into it after being absent for a number of years. This blog is to record thoughts and experiences from amongst myself and friends. Personally, I am currently working on Orcs & Gobbos and also have High Elves, Skaven and a few Warriors of Chaos. Amongst the other chaps we have every other army covered. We are not die-hard competition gamers, but enjoy the game for the social aspect as well as the hobby side of collecting and painting.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

2000 Orcs vs Orcs :)

Dangit if I haven't lost my notes to this game. Anyhoo I'll post some pics and remeber what I can. A very good mate of mine and I had a pitched battle or Greenskins vs Greenskins.





Points of note - first time out for my big spider. I was all excited until I saw a rock lobber and three bolt throwers :\. The rest of the units are as they appear. My BO Warboss was mounted on a boar in with some night gobbos - - note to self, don't do this again as he can't move through the unit ><. 1st round saw his rock lobber smack the Spider for 6 wounds...ouch. It did, however, last two more rounds before the artillery took its toll. His wolf boys run up one flank and everything else on both sides just marched forward.



The long and the short of it: Spider dies. My Black Orcs crunch his middle and head towards his artillery. Night gobbos survive a flank charge from his giant, which is wiped out by a pump wagon (giggles). His general (with +3A sword) wipe out my entire unit of SO Boar Boyz (that was actually pretty funny). I mop some stuff up and stay away from his General's unit long enough to come off with a win.
Lessons: Big spider means big target :P, but can't wait to roll it out again and see if it can actually do something. Careful where you put your fighty blokes - my General did bugger all in hand to hand cause he couldn't move through his unit. Pump wagons are fun :).

2 comments:

  1. Even if you missed out on your notes it's actually refreshing to just read a short Battle Report. Looks like a fun game and do try out the big spider again. Haven't tried it out myself yet, but I hear it can be great sometimes. And you have a really nice looking monster there that needs to be on the field :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the report; with nice pictures too. I find this sort of game rather satisfying: everyone wants to be in combat so there's no messing about.

    ReplyDelete